The key to providing your family, employees and customers a peace of mind is installation of surveillance security camera. Initially, CCTV cameras were largely regarded as luxurious items because of the high cost of acquiring them. However, thanks to improved technology and increased competitions, security cameras are nowadays affordable.
Nonetheless, affordability does not mean that you should blindly shop for a suitable security camera. There are certain factors which you need to keep in mind when buying surveillance security cameras so as to guarantee a return on investment.
1. Assess Your Security Requirements
Prior to anything else, you need to assess your security needs. For instance:
- Do you want to monitor inbound and outbound traffic in your home and business premise?
- Do you want to clearly see the people in the video footage during the day and at night?
- Would you like to monitor the indoor and outdoor activities in your home or business premise?
- Do you think that a wireless security camera will suit you better compared to a wired camera?
- Would you like to get security footage and alerts on your phone and work computer?
- How much do you want to spend?
2. What Type of Camera Would You Like to Install or have us install?
The type of surveillance security camera to install in your business or home in the St. Louis area will largely depend on your security needs and the environment. Therefore, you need to pick a camera which suits your needs. Listed below, are examples of CCTV cameras accessible in the market:
- Wired Security Cameras: Wired security cameras can be used both indoors and outdoors. Moreover, most of them are today fitted with IR (Infrared) cut-filters designed to enhance clarity at night. Wired security cameras are also accessible for sale in the market with either BNC or DIN connectivity ports. Plus, you need to take into account the extension cables to be used in connecting the cameras.
- Wireless Security Cameras: Wireless surveillance security cameras are increasing in popularity among most business and home owners primarily because of their affordability and ease of installation. Better technology has also ensured that modern wireless security cameras are not susceptible to interference as a result of being installed close to home appliances like microwaves. Furthermore, the audio and video produced by wireless security cameras are excellent.
- IP Security Cameras: These types of cameras are also commonly referred to as network cameras. These types of CCTV security cameras allow you to link the cameras to a computer, smartphone or tablet PC. Remote access is perhaps the greatest advantage of installing IP cameras. Regardless of where you are, you can have access to the security footage.
In addition to the above, you also need to take into consideration the resolution and light levels of the surveillance security cameras you are planning to purchase. A security camera with a higher resolution guarantees you sharp and quality image. Still, do not be shy about asking for opinions from experts. Talk to some of your neighbors and colleagues about the types of security cameras they use in their homes and business premise.
Please visit our web site http://eyespyelectronics.com/or http://securitycamerasstl.com/ for for information.
We are located in the St. Louis/St. Charles area. We are here to serve your security needs.